The supported firmware versions are the following:
- iPhone4S: 5.0 (9A334), 5.0.1 (9A405) and the “other” 5.0.1 (9A406)
- iPad2: 5.0.1 (9A405)
Before we begin, we suggest you remove the pass code from your iDevice
Keep your computer charging at all times
Make sure you have iTunes updated to 10.5.3
and of course! Have fun when you're done!!
1. After downloading Absinthe, double click the file to extract the application into your destktop.
2. Connect your device and make sure your computer is charging.
3. After opening Absinthe, click the jailbreak button. Your device should begin the jailbreak process.
At this point you should see the following stages of the jailbreak on your computer screen:
"Beginning Jailbreak" (this should take about 10mins so don't worry)
"Sending initial data" (this will take about 15mins & your iphone/ipad will show "restoring in progress")
"Waiting for reboot"
"Waiting for device to finish rebooting" (Your device should be rebooting at this point)
"Preparing jailbreak data"
"Sending Payload data" (This will take approximately 15mins, so be patient!)
4. At this point you will see a message telling you that the jailbreak is almost done.
(If necessary, unlock your device and tap "jailbreak" icon to finish.)
5. Now unlock your iDevice and you will see the Absinthe app. (if you cant see it, search for it with Spotlight)
6. Open the Absinthe app, it will load greenpois0n site and your device will reboot. After the reboot you should see the Cydia icon.
You have successfully jailbroken your iDevice!
To check out what you can do now that you're jailbroken click here.
If you would like to see a Step by Step video click here!
If you have any problems, please leave us a comment and we will try our best to help you!