This morning the jailbreak for ios 5.1.1 was released
by @pod2g. Absinthe 2.0, now gives the New iPad(3) a welcome to
The jailbreak community!
To get your hands on (or should I say computer) the new Jailbreak tool visit the official website to download it.
On the top-right hand corner!
The process is one that you would expect to take longer, yet it took me less than 15 minutes from download to Jailbreak! As written in the official website is "so easy your grandma could do it :D"
1. Backup of your device in iTunes by right clicking on your device name under the ‘Devices’ menu and click ‘Back Up’.
2. Once your backup is complete, go to
Settings – General – Reset – Erase all Content and Settings. This is suppose to make the jailbreak process much faster. Now it is worth noticing that I didn't do this! :-P
3. Now open Absinthe and make sure you are connected via USB cable to your computer.
4. Click ‘Jailbreak’ and wait….be patient (you already waited a few months! Whats a few minutes!)
5. Once jailbroken go to iTunes and restore your backup from
earlier.(If you indeed Erased all content and settings!) Right click on your device name under the ‘Devices’ menu in the
left panel of iTunes and click ‘Restore from Back Up"
6.Enjoy the Jailbreak!!!! :-D (and heck! Leave a comment to inform us of your jailbreak!)